A newer edition of this book is available: "iBooks for iPad & iPad Pro (Vole Guides)" by Sean Kells.
This handy guide covers all of iBooks, Apple's chart-topping ebook reader tuned to work with your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. If you're coming from the Amazon Kindle or Barnes & Noble Nook, you'll find the steps needed to make a smooth transition to iBooks.
• Use just your fingers to page through books, read PDF files, interact with multimedia textbooks, create bookmarks, and highlight and annotate passages.
• Use built-in search and navigation features to find words or phrases anywhere in a book and quickly jump to specific pages.
• Share quotes from books via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook.
• Adjust screen brightness for ambient light and change a book's text size, font, and layout to suit your eyesight and reading speed.
• Stock and organize your library by buying books from the iBooks Store, downloading free (and DRM-free) books from the internet, and converting books to EPUB format.
• Sync your library across all your iOS devices automatically.
• Subscribe to magazines and newspapers or buy single issues.
• Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
• Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with iBooks
2. Stocking Your Library
3. Organizing Your Library
4. Reading Books
5. Reading PDFs
7. Interactive Textbooks
About the Author
Sean Kells is a human-interface designer based in Seattle, Washington. When he's not pushing pixels, Sean paints foreboding seascapes, plays backgammon for blood, and takes his dog surfing. Sean has written guides to Numbers, Pages, Keynote, and iBooks.